on Friday, March 20, 2009, linus! wrote:

The Downturn



So, there's a lot of talk about The Big Downturn in the economy nowadays. I don't know, I quit my job right in time for the shit to hit the fan so I'm pretty sure my empty wallet is mostly my fault.

But that it would go this far, I had no idea:

"They smoking my oooiiii up, drinking all my liqueur up... ...Tell me, who let them girls in?"
Phyzikal - Who Let Em In Feat. Jazze Pha & The Dream

Hmm, for as long as I've listened to hiphop and r&b - and now I'm talking about the 'comercial' side of the genres - one of the biggest subjects always has been to show of all the money you got. How much champagne you can afford, Cristal, Courvoisier, Patron etc. And how much girls you got around you...
You know all you gotta do is tell me what you zippin on/and I promise Ima keep it coming all night long. That kind of shit...
You really know that the economy is going south when even the blingblingy showoffs of hiphop gets all cheap and grumpy and greedy...

And speaking of Patron, since it's been such a big buzz about that here lately (some advertising agency must be doing something right), heres a big tune:

DJ Class - I'm The Ish Feat. Jermaine Dupri, Trey Songz & Lil Jon (Remix)
I got diamonds on my neck, I got Patron in my cup/...

Yeah, I know, these arent exactly brand new tunes in the bloggosphere, but they're still brand awesome.

No comments: