on Saturday, January 5, 2008, linus! wrote:

Throw your hands in the air!


Yeah, its that time of the year again!
We're all out on ham and mustard (yep, thats what swedes eat at christmas), the christmas songs that we have been forced to listen to for the last two weeks are slowly fading out, and left is only one wish.

The wish to know what musical goodies 2007 gave us.

And I really tried, promise. I thought long and hard about it, read others "best of"-lists, even tried to search itunes for "2007" (that didnt work though). But my memory is just to short, I can't even remember what I did five days ago (Oh wait, that was new years eve, theres a whole other reason I dont remember that)so how could I possibly remember all the great stuff (if theres been any?) that I've listened to, and hopefully enjoyed, this year?

That said, kinda like a safebelt so no one can bash me afterwards if I missed anything (im such a wussy) i wont do a descending top-ten list, ill just throw out some big tunes.


BEST ON-YOUR-WAY-HOME-LATE-NIGHT-EARLY-MORNING-KINDA-DRUNK-KINDA-STONED-ALBUM:
Waitin to inhale
Devin the dude
This must probably be album ive listened to most on the whole year. I think. If you(but you shouldnt!) skip to track no 3, The allmighty dollar and then listen thru Hope I Don't Get Sick A Dis (the beat is killing me everytime), What A Job (Feat. Snoop Dogg & Andre 3000) (awesome song, awesome Andre, even awesome Snoop!), and Broccoli and Cheese you probably have heard the tightest start of an album since.. Talib's Quality?
The only thing I wish is for next year everybody will understand how its only annoying and not the least fun with skits on album. Ever. Never.
Broccoli & Cheese


BEST IM-REALLY-IN-FUCKING-PAIN-HERE-(I-MEAN-IT-REALLY-REALLY-HURTS)-SONG:
Do you feel me
Anthony Hamilton
Anthony Hamilton did release an album this year, but his best song is from the American Gangster Soundtrack...
Do you feel me



DANCEHALL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR:
Collie Buddz
Ok, hes been around for more than a year, but his debut album dropped this year. Full of sex, guns and ganja..
Wild Out (Panty)


BEST HIPHOP ALBUM FROM SOMEONE EVERYBODY CALLS "CONCIOUS":
Finding forever
Common
Play your cards right - Bilal, where the fuck are you?

Desire
Pharoahe Monch
Ooh, good one Linus. You make your own categories and still end up with a tie!
Agent Orange - Anybody who rhymes "I threw a rock and I ran" in a song about american war politics is my hero.


MOST THUGGISH DANCEHALL:
Gangsta For Life The Symphony Of David Brooks
If Collie Buddz sings alot about sex, guns and weed, Mavado IS sex, guns and weed. The album is mostly about the first two though. I've posted enough Mavado tracks on this blog allready, but the album is wild so buy it!



BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO SWEDEN THIS YEAR:
Basutbudet & Mapei
The rhymes are awesome. The beats are awesome. The base is awesome. The irony is awesome.
Mapei - Video Vixens (Basutbudet produced it, I think?)


BEST SONG TO END A PARTY (OR A BLOG POST, A WAR, A RELATIONSHIP, A LIFE) WITH:
Paper planes
M.I.A.
When I hear this song, all I wanna do is a ptoosch! ptoosch! ptoosch! and a prtusch! prtusch! prtusch!

No comments: